DSC07094_edited.jpg

Hi.

Welcome to my blog. I document my journey to a healthier life. Hope you have a nice stay!

My top fitness tips for you

My top fitness tips for you

Since I started working as a fitness coach the one question I get asked the most, is how to lose weight. Now there’s no simple answer since everybody has different genetics and everything. I did some thinking about what I feel really helped me and so I decided to make a list of the things that helped me the most in the long run.

  1. First thing I do in the morning is to drink two glasses of water. Sometimes I add lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, depending on how I feel. This is very important to get the toxins and unnecessary arrears out of your body. It also wakes up your digestive system and gets your metabolism started.
  2. Since we’re talking about drinking, I drink a minimum of three litres of water each day. Check out my other article about water to find out all the benefits of hydrating your body ( http://www.carmabelle.com/blog/2016/9/4/water ).
  3.  No snacks. This might sound brutal to some, but I just noticed that for my metabolism it’s better if I only eat three times a day with breaks of four to five hours in between. I guess that’s something everyone should figure out for themselves but if your goal is to lose weight I would definitely recommend you give it a try. The lipid catabolism (when your body starts burning fat) starts about two hours after your meal. So, if you’re eating breakfast at 7 AM and at 9 AM you’re eating something again, the lipid catabolism didn’t really get a chance to work (even if you’re just eating a fruit). There are loads of healthy and yummy breakfast recipes to keep you full until lunchtime. I will also start posting my favourite breakfast recipes on here very soon.
  4. Cardio, cardio, cardio. One thing that also really helped me was to start with running. At the beginning, I wasn’t even able to run for just 20 minutes and now I even ran my first half marathon. Although it did take a lot of time and consistency. I try to go out for a run two times a week and I usually just do some moderate trail running. It kick-starts your metabolism and most importantly your lipid catabolism. HIIT (High-intensity interval training) training is also very effective, even though you do burn less calories while you’re doing it, the afterburn effect (EPOC) is greater than by steady state cardio. The main reason I prefer trail running is because I find HIIT very hard and stressful for my body and I am just not enjoying it as much as getting outside. That’s why, for me, jogging is the number one exercise.
  5. The 80:20 rule. Here’s the thing, 80% of the food I eat is healthy and the other 20% I just eat what I feel like. Usually I try to eat healthy during the week and then on the weekends I often treat myself and just don’t worry about what I eat.
  6. Last but not least, be careful of what you eat for dinner. I avoid carbs at dinnertime, because I don't need the energy anymore and usually I'm also not that hungry. So most of the time I'll just eat some cooked vegetables and if I feel like it I also add some tempeh or something like that to get some proteins into my body. That is just something I found out really works for me. Of course, on the weekends or if I'm on holiday I don't really follow this rule ;) After all, going out for a nice dinner is just something I really really enjoy!

These are pretty much my top tips to get you started. I just noticed it's easy for me to follow these "rules" and some of them helped me a lot to get where I am now. Let me know if you want to know more about my fitness hacks.

Love xx

Carmen

My Winter Beauty Favorites

My Winter Beauty Favorites